Tuesday, December 16, 2008

North Carolina

Here's something I was trying to explain in Laundromatinee about NC:

There's such an excitement in NC right now. We've been so proud of our music family there--everybody's so supportive--not competitive--ultimate bohemian dream come true type shit. It's really magical there. Friends who've moved away say they can't figure out why other towns aren't like ours. Why nothing is as easy as it is in NC. I can tell you stories. Super romantic fall-in-love stories just fecundated with nostalgia for something we still have--you know what I mean? It's so special and we all know it that we're already nostalgic for it.

Full article here

1 comment:

the marquess of ennui said...

to be off topic, wax poetic


i went to the rosebuds show in seattle, at the tractor. bought two tickets though my boyfriend was ill the night of the show, bailed on me at the last moment. twenty dollars well spent; i'd spend more to spend moments with you.

you guys are marvelous. i was for a large majority of the show in the very front, feeling quite self-conscious but very proud of the oohs and ahhs of choruses i knew well, to the bone even.

you guys made me feel so special. i danced my cumbersome and chunky rear end right off the back of myself. i wish my feller had been there to experience what i had - though he hadn't spend so many hours baking at work and rolling out pie shells while singing along, "you're not crazy you're just a little girl", or "i hate to think my lover never made it through" - you guys are musical heroes - this may sound rather silly, but the best thing to me since the smiths, elvis costello, rufus wainwright - and i hope you favor your name on my list of greats.

much love and adoration, and belated glee, because my internet didn't work the night of the show and has been sporadic ever since,

jenny
quiteliterally@gmail.com

<3

p.s. thank you for singing "nice fox" and telling us what it was about, it is my favorite from Life Like